Words of HopeReturn to Blog
Do You Believe in Miracles? (by Lee Ann Brancker)
Do You Believe in Miracles?
Miracles can be seen as:
- Marvelous manifestations of the power of God.
- Incredible interventions of a divine nature in human affairs.
- Radical remedies to present problems.
- Amazing answers to life’s questions.
- Creative conclusions to baffling situations.
- Long-remembered occurrences of unexpected happenings.
- Extraordinary events occurring when God steps in.
- Supernatural signs that can only have come from God.
God’s Word is filled with such events that have been recorded for our benefit to encourage us in our Christian walk and show us that God is more than able to work in our behalf.
One example of such miracles is found in Exodus chapter 16 where God provided food in the form of manna for the Israelites. This miracle lasted for many years (about 40) until they crossed over the Jordan River and camped in Gilgal (see Joshua 5:10-12).
Another miracle is found in 2 Kings 19 when God delivered His people from King Sennacherib and the Assyrian army. Sennacherib claimed that no-one could save the people of Jerusalem from him, but when King Hezekiah prayed, God answered by killing 485,000 soldiers from the Assyrian army and God’s people were spared.
Though life may seem rough, and you may wonder where God is, don’t despair! The God of the miracles in the Bible, is the same God who takes care of you each day. Hebrews 13:8 says that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today and forever. He has promised to supply all that we need (Philippians 4:19) and never leave us nor forsake us (Hebrews 13:5).
Do you believe in miracles? Do you believe that God can work on your behalf? If you do, then prove Him. If you aren’t sure or don’t know as yet, try Him. Just ask. Take Him at His Word. Then stand still and watch Him work.